Every year we celebrate April 23, as World Book Day is all over the world
World Book Day is celebrated these days for reading, publishing and promoting the benefits of copyright. Books gives use knowledge and a way to think and live. They not only enhance our knowledge but also play the role of true friend in loneliness. World Book Day is celebrated every year by UNESCO just to get in the habit of reading. This year marks the 25th edition of World Book Day.
One of the reasons why April 23 is celebrated as World Book Day is because many prominent writers were born or died on this day. William Shakespeare, Miguel de Servants and Joseph Playa died on April 23, while Manuel Mejia Vallejo and Maris Drone were born on April 23.
The celebration of World Book Day was started by UNESCO on April 23, 1995
On World Book Day, UNESCO and its affiliates select World Book Capital for the coming year. The purpose is to organize programs around books for the next one year. After all, the purpose of celebrating World Book Day around the world is to make people aware of the importance of books. UNESCO started celebrating this day on April 23, 1995. At a UNESCO General Assembly in Paris, it was decided that World Book Day would be observed every year to honor and pay homage to authors from around the world and to arouse interest in books. The day is also aimed at promoting literacy around the world.
World Book Day is celebrated in many different ways in different parts of the world. Sometimes free books are distributed and sometimes competitions are held. The two-day Reading Marathon is held in Spain. In the end, a writer is not awarded the Miguel Day Servants Prize. Writing competitions are held in schools and colleges in Sweden on this day. There are concerns about such programs this year due to a corona infection.
World Earth Day 2021: Learn how to protect our beautiful earth
The protection of the earth, energy conservation, electricity, water and the environment is generally thought of as what we can contribute to it, it is the job of the government but if we are aware then one minute Even small habits can save the earth.
- Use a small shower instead of a long bucket. This will save water and reduce the electricity bill.
- When air conditioning or heating in the house, try not to let air pass through where you want cooling. This will also save electricity.
- Do not open the fridge frequently, close the fridge when going out of town.
- If you are cooking on a hob, try to make the saucepan as big as the heating element. This will heat the pan faster and reduce energy consumption.
- Do not leave the faucet open while brushing or shaving your teeth. Leaving the tap open for a minute can waste a liter of water.
More way to secure our earth
- Set the dishwasher or washing machine to full capacity only if you are washing a stand item. Hand washing is a better option.
- Install energy efficient lights or use solar plants. This will save energy and reduce the bill by 90 percent.
- Always use a low energy injection printer. It consumes very less energy than a mobile charger.
- Do you use a full size computer? Instead, you can halve energy consumption by using a laptop or Ultrabook.
- Turn off lights, fans and other essentials when you go out of the house that could harm money and the environment in any way.
- Do not leave the exhaust fan in the kitchen and bathroom running unnecessarily but use it sparingly.
- If you do not use your computer, laptop, mobile or gadget, it would be best to switch to screensaver mode instead. Also remove the chargers from the wall socket and close the button. This will help save energy.